Re: [school-discuss] Re: Karoshi, anyone? -> gradebook

Eh?

Maybe I'm not the Lee you think I am? I don't know anything about Open Admin...

/lee rodgers, in Austin soon to relocate elsewhere...

Les Richardson <les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Lee,

Would it help if I made the Open Admin gradebook able to
run separately from the rest of the Open Admin structure, so that teachers
could run/configure their own gradebooks? This, of course, is a web based
gradebook. Additionally, make it a .deb package...

Les Richardson
Open Admin for Schools

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, lee wrote:

> What I found was there's a social inertia that pulls the users back to
> Windows, esp. in the *lower* grades where the users want Windows-only
> titles like the *-Blaster series, etc. If one could get most Windows edu
> & gradebook software titles to run on WINE, then that'd be ideal....
> OTOH at places like 5dollarsoftware.com, they can get these computer
> games for $5 per copy, so IT mgm't may be more willing to bear the MS
> license mgm't overhead on more-recent machines that run Win2K or XP.

======
/lee
| This concludes our broadcast day |