Re: [school-discuss] SchoolForge website direction (wrote a book here)

I am going to leave the entire mail at the end here, I know this is not
"white space" protocol, however... a Google spider will pick it up.

I think SchoolForge one of the most fantastic, useful, intelligent...
sites/groups/better than UN..., shall I go on? I think you know what I
mean.

When you stand back and look at what this group has achieved... well
try it. Come to your own conclusions.

It educates the educators, and you can't ask more than that.

I start a new project...

http://thebluecrane.com/tigermountain

It's only  few hours old, so don't expect a lot

http://thebluecrane.com/college/

... was where it started

Now...
http://thebluecrane.com/BLUECRANEMEDIA/subhtm/locations/mzamohle.htm

...and look closely... you will see the logo....

 the source code is here:

http://thebluecrane.com/

Malc

--- Justin Riddiough <jriddiough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> First, I'd like to welcome a couple of people to SchoolForge that
> have
> indicated an interest in volunteering efforts towards some of these
> tasks, June Greever and BJ Bjostad.  June will be helping out to
> define the categories for site organization, and BJ will be assisting
> in coding efforts towards bringing the case studies system online
> within the new website.  They are both very talented & creative
> people
> and we are thrilled to welcome them on board. :-D
>
> From discussions here and talking with people that have an interest
> in
> working with different tasks, I've been able to put together
> something
> that provides a draft overview of the goals of SF and how we believe
> they can be achieved through a structured approach.  These are
> discussion points that can be developed further, and priorities are
> still open to being adjusted - tasks will probably have to be broken
> down further to give more specific objectives - but I think this will
> go a long way towards getting there.  I hope that this reflects a
> progression of the website ideas that we started with as a result of
> discussion that has taken place here.
>
> What we are looking for is input regarding any key elements that may
> have been overlooked, and feedback towards establishing the different
> elements in ways that can be picked up by those who wish to volunteer
> efforts.
>
> Mission:  To promote communication between non-technical and
> technical
> users within the scope of education through the development of
> website
> resources that promote FLOSS principals and projects
>
> Goals
> * Set development standards
> * Clean up SF resources (Case studies, discussion lists, app index)
> * Evaluate, and rebuild these resources into new SF site
> * Implement system for the sharing of open educational resources
> * Start a project towards the development of a standards database
>
> I Pre-development
>   In this area, development standards will be set.  There is no
> standard too rigid to follow given that it provides a valuable long
> term benefit.  The more standards to follow, the more work there is
> up
> front - however, quality depends on this.  So, the goal of
> pre-development is to create a list/resource that development efforts
> can be compared to
>
> 1) Accessibility standards & criteria -  development efforts should
> follow a set of defined accessibility standards.
>   a) Hearing & Vision impaired users
>   b) Translations and global availability.. are there wiki-methods of
> allowing pages to be translated
>
> 2) Security standards - ongoing examination of software environment
> ensure best practices are applied towards security in the development
> [...]

Making dyslexics and fumble fingers feel at hme.

http://thebluecrane.com
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first create the universe"
Carl Sagan