[school-discuss] Atlanta / Software Section

Now we just need to work on getting case studies from the other participating schools. :) Here is the link to the case study Daniel was referring to http://www.schoolforge.net/education-case-studies/success-k12-linux-terminal-server-project-k12ltsp-turns-school-project-district-initiative (whew what a link)

Work has started on the Software section - and I'm thrilled at how it's coming together. Of course, I make one page look nice, then I have to go back and get the others lined up and looking great as well. Richard Houston has offered to help out when he has some spare time towards providing and maintaining the collection of software he has put together for WinOSS CDRom, which will help out immensely (Thanks!) If anyone else has any time to offer towards adding entries or maintaining, please let me know.

There is still a lot to be done (the left side navigation isn't very useful), but I think there might be enough now to start gathering some feedback and first impressions - so this is a preview of the work in progress:

http://www.schoolforge.net/education-software-dev
http://www.schoolforge.net/education-software-dev/desktop-publishing-office-tools/openoffice-org
http://www.schoolforge.net/education-software-dev/educational-games/tuxwordsmith

HOWARD DANIEL-GVN674 wrote:
Yes, see the schoolforge case study site, the brandon web site
(www.morrisbrandon.com) under the technology section, among others.
Feel free to set up a conference call with them that I can participate
in a dialog with them directly.  I'm happy to tell the story, and can
also address any concerns they might have over making the change.
Daniel