Re: [school-discuss] convincing school ITs to try Linux

Thanks Daniel,
I will work to line up a few of my more skeptical
Administrators/Superintendents to talk to her when she has the time. I
appreciate the info.

In regard to your comment; I would appreciate any help, you, or any
other list member could provide, for a school outsider to promote open
source in schools without suffering from the label "consultant". In
effect I am someone looking to make a living by saving school districts
money, and I realize I have an uphill battle, but I was hoping the fact
that I am not an education insider would not impact my effectiveness.
Your comment hints to the fact that it has and will continue to do so. I
think saving schools money, and improving student education through open
source software is a goal that should not be hampered by the fact a
for-profit company is trying to do it. I hoped that by volunteering some
of my knowledge and contacts both in schools, and through sites like
schoolforge, would help to dispel some of the misconceptions about small
business people like myself. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Gregan
Open Source Consultant/Founder
Aptenix LLC Desktop Solutions
New Market MD 21774
cgregan@xxxxxxxxxxx
240-422-9224

"Open source, open minds."

This message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that the dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender at either the fax address or telephone number above and delete this message. Thank you.