[school-discuss] Digital Textbooks &c

And Marilyn Hagle wrote:

>Wow! That is great! I especially like the
>part about being written by teachers
>and students - not by textbook companies!

My understanding is that the idea is not new;
for some time now, it has been the focus of
the Global Text Project . . .

http://globaltext.terry.uga.edu/

. . . which has been mentioned on the School-
Discuss list in the past. When I looked at
Global Text's "Related Initiatives" page . . .

http://globaltext.terry.uga.edu/initiatives

. . . I noticed that DIDASCA is not listed there.
Neither is SchoolForge. I think the appropriate
people should take action to correct these
omissions with all deliberate speed. Here is the
email address of someone to contact:

rwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hang in there.

Joel