Re: [school-discuss] Digital textbooks

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 01:03:07PM -0400, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
>    I have, and I'm underwhelmed. There are some nice features, but the
>    Calibre user interface is horrendously unintuitive. The screen is
>    dominated by a massive (unlabeled) heart icon which, if clicked, takes you
>    to the web page for sending the author money. Furthermore, Calibre doesn't
>    know if it wants to be a development tool or an end-user
>    library-management app when it grows up -- it just can't be both.

I admit I've never ever used the Calibre front-end, only the command-line
tools.  I also agree that the project (or, at the very least, the Linux
packages for it) should be split.  The conversion of an HTML doc to an EPUB
doc should not involve my downloading gobs of GUI libraries that I'll
never see or use. :)

<snip>
>    Things *will* improve....!

I look forward to it! :)