[school-discuss] "Open Source for America"

This was mentioned by Tim O'Reilly (of O'Reilly Media) at the keynote
to the OSCON Expo in San Jose yesterday:

  http://www.opensourceforamerica.org/

  "Our Goals

    * Aligned with our commitment to the four principles, our goals are to
      help effect change in the U.S. Federal government policies and
      practices to allow the federal government to better utilize free and
      open source software;

    * Help coordinate the communities collaboration with the Federal
      government on technology requirements;

    * Raise awareness and create understanding among federal government
      leaders in the executive and legislative branches about the values and
      implications of open source software."

I'm not sure how that _couldn't_ involve education. :)  So, enjoy!

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer