Re: [school-discuss] cs basic course

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:44:31AM -0700, lee rodgers wrote:
>    Mavis Beacon (cheap, $5/seat) to learn typing, they enjoyed making weird
>    monsters in the game piece.

I can't compare, since I've never used Mavis Beacon, and admittedly
have rarely ever used Tux Typing, but I'm curious, was TT not sufficient?

<snip>
>    And BugBrain, to teach them simple programming via a neural networking
>    curriculum:
>    http://www.biologic.com.au/bugbrain/
>    (this, BTW, is one of the coolest things I've ever seen when it comes to
>    teaching logic ....)

I've heard a lot of good things about Scratch, and saw it mentioned at
two different sessions during OSCON last week. :)  Haven't used it myself,
yet.  Never heard of BugBrain, though.

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer