Re: [school-discuss] Getting the Specs

ok ÂI found the specs for the $35 Indian tablet...

from that site...
The Bill Of Material is as following:
ARM9 Processor: $5 (Freescale i.MX233)
Memory: $3
WiFi B/G: $4
Other discret components: $3
Battery: $5
7â 800Ã480 resistive touch screen: $15
Total bill of material: $35

the CPU seems to be this ÂLorARM926EJ-Sâ, 454 MHz maximum speed

So what is missing above?

j. Tim Denny, Ph.D.Â
ÂConsultant - International Development, Education and ICT
 Upper Secondary and Professional Teacher Development Project - Vietnam
 SKYPE - jtdenny  Googletalk - denny.jt
"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue."
Gilbert Chesterton (1874-1936)ÂEnglish writer

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Joel Kahn <jj2kk4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
J. Tim Denny wrote:
>We'd have to see a bill of parts on
>the Indian $35 tablet to guess its
>capabilities. I always remain skeptical
>till I see it up close and personal.

This is exactly why I was hoping that somebody
had gotten more than just the basic news stories.
Looks like we'll simply have to wait until the
real nitty-gritty comes out.