[school-discuss] moodle site and adobe

Hi there everyone,

I still enjoy reading your posts.  Yes, it is a shame that adobe controls so much.  A good friend of mine was so excited to tell me about his adobe subscription a couple of months ago . . . only $25 a month for the whole suite!!  I said . . . dude, I'm happy for you . . . but I like my free apps better.  Doing a little math, that $25 a month is $300/year.  When I was teaching graphics, my kids had pirated copies of adobe apps.  Most were very excited to be able to get the Gimp and Blender for free.

Been home for 2 1/2 years and last October finally pulled our profoundly dyslexic son, now 12, out of public school.  Last year we experimented with a bunch of different ways to do home school.  For this coming year, I think we have it figured out - thanks to FOSS and free online content.  Sam can learn without having to read or write - which is what profoundly dyslexic kids need.  Here is the link.  The guest login works for everything.

http://7.ourdyslexicchildren.org/

If you have any suggestions or comments, that would be cool.

All the best to you all,

Marilyn  :)