[school-discuss] Open Formats vs Industry Standard formats

Dear Friends,

Free Software prgrammer Dale Gulledge reflects on the difference between
industry standards and those that allow us to continue to work, not only cross-
platform, but across generations of software development. Dale claims to have
kept a number of software companies in business single-handedly and I imagine a
number of the rest of us can sympathize; but he points out that all we're
really trying to do is preserve our work and preserve our ability to work on it
more. I think you'll find his perspectives interesting.

http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=20020605174415668

Best wishes,

David Bucknell
for Open Source Schools