Re: [school-discuss] K12Linux Texas update...

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Doug Loss wrote:

> pnelson@riverdale.k12.or.us wrote:
>
> > I am determined however to do better next year when NECC is held in Seattle.
> > http://ccenter.uoregon.edu/conferences/NECC2003/
> >

> Here are the costs of this conference.  For presenters: Presenters are
> required to register for the conference and pay the registration fee.
> This fee is US$125 before March 1, 2003, US$150 before May 1, 2003,
> and US$175 after that.  With the help of the local LUGs we might be
> able to defray lodging expenses, but if not we'd have to add the cost
> of hotel rooms.

I would be very intersted in doing this for 2003.  I don't have a firm
plan on the $ part, though I know I could at least personaly cover myself,
and some of the booth costs.

I will try and put together a presentation to submit, when that is put
online in the end of Aug.

> For exhibitors: US$2080 for an 8 foot by 10 foot booth before August 31, 2002;
> $2580 for the same booth after that.  A 50% deposit is required to hold the
> space after August 31, 2002.

Remember, the cost of the both itself is only a small part of it.

Shipping of anything used in the booth (at least at the Javit's center in
NYC, your not permited, by union rules, to bring in anything that you
can't carry in two hands, yourself, you must contract shipping into and
out of the confernence), Electrical, and Networking are not included.

One thing that is included is one full conference registration ($150
value).

> Paul, what is your sense here?  Would it be enough for us to be
> presenters, especially if we could get a number of presentations on
> the schedule?  Or would having a booth on the exhibition floor give us
> enough benefit to justify the much larger cost?

I don't know... If the hardware I am talking about in my previus post is
ready, I think I will be willing to fit most of the bill for a booth, if
not all of it, if it will get us any benifit.

I know I have done well with the booths at Linux World, talking with
parents about how to talk with their children's schools, etc.

		Harry

--
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder
Hmcgregor@osef.org, (520) 661-7875 (CELL)