[school-discuss] Re: Linux in a school PC-Lab

onsdag 11. juni 2003, 10:53, skrev Damiano Verzulli:
> I saw from previous POST in this thread that some guys suggested  an
> LTSP (www.ltsp.org) or K12LTSP (www.k12ltsp.org) based architecture. You
> should give a look to both projects 'cause if you have one machine being
> usable as a "server" (lot of ram, lot of CPU and lot of disk) [K12]LTSP
> can save you lot of time in setup and configuration.

Or you should try a server-centric solution based on Debian:
http://developer.skolelinux.no/arkitektur/arkitektur.html.en

Why:
http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/innlegg/k12ltsp.html.en
http://www.distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=skolelinux

Download and burn:
ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux-cd/skolelinux-i386-pr38.iso

Participant:
Norway: http://www.skolelinux.no
Germany: http://www.skolelinux.de/
Nederlands: http://developer.skolelinux.no/index.html.nl
Latvia: http://www.laka.lv/
(https://init.linpro.no/pipermail/skolelinux.no/feedback/2002-October/000042.html)
Sveden: http://www.linuxiskolan.net/

Sincerely

Knut Yrvin
--
Project manager translating OpenOffice to Norwegian - and -
the Skolelinux-project. Office: IT-staf in Akershus County