Re: [school-discuss] CVS vs wiki for book collaberation

ipaterson@shaw.ca writes:

>>Unfortunately, the only wiki who uses CVS as a backend (CVwiki, IIRC)
>>appears to do some extra bookkeeping in the backstage which doesn't
>>allow users to write to the CVS repository (and still have things
>>work, that is).
>
> Not true. TinyWiki is based on a CVS backend and I've been running it for a
> little while with no complaints.
>
> http://wiki.slowass.net/wiki.cgi?TinyWiki

Cool.  Do you mean that you can check out the whole wiki or part of it
with the CVS client, work on it with an editor, then merge changes
back into the repository with the CVS client?  Or does it use CVS as a
backend, but still does extra bookkeeping that would make accessing
the CVS not work?