A non-profit charitable organization

From: owner-schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net [mailto:owner-schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net] On Behalf Of Larry Howe
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 8:22 AM
To: schoolforge-discuss@seul.org

I'm researching the possibility of Linux for our local school (K-5) and/or library. I'm aware of LTSP and that would definitely have advantages for a larger number of workstations. But I am thinking, at least intially, we will just have one or two linux workstations coexisting with the existing resources. Is there a preferred distribution for a standalone workstation in a school or library setting? What are the hardware requirements? Any help appreciated.

Larry Howe