Re: [school-discuss] Re: **NOT-OFFLIST**

On Monday 13 June 2005 11:51, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> Due to an alarming number of lists showing Reply-To brain damage

While we do need a better mechanism (there should be a List-Reply-To:
header or the like - maybe there is - so that the email client can be
correctly defaulted), I find it irritating to get 2, 3 or more replies
to every list message because the list does *not* set Reply-To and
people reply to the list, to me, and maybe to an alias as well. I've
only every wrongly posted to a list 2 or 3 times in my entire life, and
I've posted stuff to individuals when it was supposed to go to the list
(and by the time I realise, since there is no warning, it's too late or
the topic has become passe) hundreds of times.

Also, there's very little that I say to individuals off-list that I
would be embarrassed to say on-list. Good, safe policy, that one.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia