[school-discuss] Legal DVD exists for Linux

Cyberlink, the company that markets PowerDVD (http://gocyberlink.com)

has a download available for Cyberlink PowerCinema for Linux. This is
the only page I can find showing that the Linux product exists. Here's
the license info.

http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/companybg/pcmlinuxgpl.jsp

The download page for the open source components:

http://download.gocyberlink.com//ftpdload/linux/source/PCMLinux_GPL_sources.zip

The product page for PowerCinema is here:

http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/products/product_main.jsp?ProdId=12

They evidently sell PowerCinema for Linux with Cyberlink's licensed
dvdcss component. If so, that would certainly solve the Linux issues for
MP3 & DVDs.

The other question - how do you buy it?

If anyone is familiar with this company or lives in Taiwan and can
determine how to get to them, please help us in finding out how to buy
this product. Or better still, get them to make it available for Linux
users off their website.

The question for me is: can we finally win this game?

Tom