Re: [school-discuss] SchoolTool Calendar 0.10 Released

HI

As Al already mentioned, k12ltsp.org is the place to start, but I can say i have installed over 30 computer labs based on K12 ltsp (It's built on Fedora) all over South Africa and know of well over a hundred more. These sites are using it to great effect. As far as I'm concerned it's the best thing since sliced bread. Now the folk at Ubuntu Linux are working something called edubuntu that they claim will surpass everything else including K12LTSP - it's one of Mark Shuttleworth's philanthropical interventions.

In short, LTSP turns throwaway old Pentium 1's into perfectly good workstations again, probably adding another five years to their life. I cannot praise K12LTSP highly enough. Of course if you want to roll your own, you can just go to ltsp.org and install LTSP on top of your favorite distro.

cheers
ed