Re: [school-discuss] Passing of the torch

At 06:24 PM 6/27/06 -0400, you wrote:
>It's finally come.  As many of you know, I helped start and manage
>SEUL/edu and later Schoolforge.  I like to think both organizations had
>some beneficial influence on the use of free/open source software in
>education around the world.
>
>After some years though, I essentially burned out.  I backed off and let
>the day to day operations of Schoolforge run on autopilot.  The current
>website shows this, I think.  I kept looking for someone to take over
>the management of Schoolforge.
>
>Well, I've found someone.  Someones, actually.  Justin Riddiough and
>Tyson Gray have agreed to take on the awesome responsibility. :)  I'm
>sure they'll do a better job than I did.  They have some very
>interesting and I think exciting plans.  I'll let them tell you about
>those themselves.
>
>I'm going to be sure they both have the authorizations they need to get
>things running as they wish (Roger, could you see about that please?
>Thanks!).  After that I expect they'll take Schoolforge to new heights!
>
>--
>Doug Loss              Unquestionably, there is progress.
>drloss@xxxxxxxxxx      The average American pays out twice
>                       as much in taxes as he formerly got

                      in wages.
Esteemed Dr. Loss,
Thank you for your inspiring example and continous efforts in SEUL/edu. You
have helped us with promoting Site@School.
All the best and stay well.
Public primary school 'Rosa Boekdrukker', Amsterdam, the Netherlands,
Dirk

Our OSS/GPL projects for elementary schools:
- Site@School (Website Content Management System):
  http://siteatschool.sourceforge.net

- ServerAtSchool (Server-client system):   http://serveratschool.net
  ServerAtSchool Dutch: http://serveropschool.nl