Re: [school-discuss] Nashuatelegraph.com: Forget the apple; surprise teacher with open-source software

Chris Gregan wrote:
Daniel,
This information is great, and I have seen similar quotes about Linux Admin savings over M$, but I have trouble when trying to find the actual "research". Becta came out with one a few months ago, but it would be great to have a pile of them. Can you provide some links to referenced research that might help? Thanks

Try this one, it's got references to other studies:

http://techupdate.zdnet.com/techupdate/stories/main/0,14179,2907876,00.html

BTW, one of the interviewees in the article says one of his Linux admins can manage 1000 servers at a time...

Daniel