Re: [school-discuss] Adult Education version of K12LTSP

Le lundi 02 juin 2008 à 12:51 -0400, Daniel Howard a écrit :
> Fellow Schoolforgers,
>
> Recently, I've become aware of an educational need that is not
> adequately met by K12LTSP/Edubuntu: Adult Education.  How do we help the
> families where either the middle school or high school kids still don't
> really know how to read?  Or the adults in the family don't know how to
> read or want to study for a high-school equivalent diploma?  While I'm
> sure there are great web sites for this, a lot of the donated PCs we've
> placed go to homes w/o phones or any chance of Internet access.  And the
> elementary apps in K12LTSP/Edubuntu for reading just wouldn't hold the
> attention of an older student or adult, I suspect.  Any thoughts?

Concerning GCompris, we have been aware of it's usage with adults. This
is a problem that the theme is too kiddy. Adults who needs GCompris
activities don't really appreciate being treated as children :/

To solve it a little bit, we worked on a black skin that looks more
adult. This is not yet released, I need more work to integrate it.

Bruno.