[school-discuss] Boy Scouts embrace Open Source

Article:
http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9095238

and their official OS Initiative web site:
http://opensource.scouting.org/

And a link to Merit Badge requirements:
http://www.usscouts.org/mb/worksheets/list.asp

On first glance, there's loads of stuff the Boy Scouts could use Open Source for their merit badges, fund raising, etc. Seems like we should contact them to see how we can help...I know someone here in Atlanta that may have a contact, but if anyone else has a contact for the national level, let me know. I'm currently exploring working with a local Atlanta Boys and Girls club person to set up K12LTSP in several clubs here in Atlanta, seems like a good start.

Best, Daniel

--
Daniel Howard
President and CEO