Re: [school-discuss] K-12 Terminal Server solutions

Chris Calise wrote:
> Anthony, Can you tell me what educational applications the school is
> running? I am proposing a network to an alternative HS and they are asking
> the tough questions of what can they run on the system. Thanks for your
> help.

John Baillie would probably be a better source for that kind of info
than I would. I run the LUG and volunteered to pinch hit some of the
more difficult infrastructure and configuration issues. John is actually
installing and running the apps for the school. I'll shoot him an email
and invite him to the list or you can just email him directly.

We have installed and played with AUC and the applications that came
with the K12LTSP install that focus on education. The biggest
requirement he has is to allow for word processing, web browsing and
printing. Other things like typing tutors, simple programming languages
like LOGO are basically gravy. What kinds of applications are they
running now that students need access to?

Tony