Re: [school-discuss] geography software

hello,

hope this helps.

finding your way with map and compass :
http://mac.usgs.gov/mac/isb/pubs/factsheets/fs03501.html

how to read the topographical symbols on a map :
http://mac.usgs.gov/mac/isb/pubs/booklets/symbols/

the national atlas :
http://nationalatlas.gov/atlasvue.html

what is remote sensing, and how is it used?
http://terraweb.wr.usgs.gov/kids/

statistics on the United States (CIA Factbook) :
http://www.etc-edu.com/modules.php?name=BOOKS&cat=Reference&cid=18&BookTitle=CIA+Factbook+2000+&SectionID=4559&BookID=244

U.S. Map States and Capitols :
http://www.path2usa.com/USmap.htm

on-line map drills :
http://www.funbrain.com/where/index.html

mike eschman, etc ...
http://www.etc-edu.com
"Not just an afterthought ...

--
in the time it takes to answer that question, i could have made another audio
book!