[school-discuss] 501(c)(3) completed

Hi: Wanted to let your list members know, we have successfully completed the Internal Revenue Service application for tax-exempt status. That's a really good thing. :)

I've put all but the last three or four documents for our application correspondence over the last 10 months [yes, it took 10 months, but we're there] up on the web for your review. It's a mess, until we get a historian volunteer to go in and sort and add descriptions for you.
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/irs/

We're going to pick up the pace, shortly, with our first project, to outline a recommendation for a starter recording studio in-a-box. We'll provide the specs, provide free CD's [this will have a modest shipping cost], and work with community volunteers, groups, that want to set up and start operations as a community-based recording studio. The up-front cost, now, is down to whatever PC setup needed [it's possible to get all the hardware donated] might be, and then just insert the CD, follow directions, and start recording.

Once we're feeling good about this, I'll come back, and we'll then see what needs to happen to make our work mesh with schoolforge's ISO. This will be exciting, I think.

Any questions, comments, suggestions, welcome. And, if you're ready to volunteer to coordinate stuff in your community, let me know.
Thanks,
Tom Poe
Open Studios
--
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
"There is no Public Domain unless we do it ourselves"