[school-discuss] an apparently open standard for web based elearning

I was talking to a parent from my sons school.  His company is into
E-Learning  over the web and the discussion moved to seul/schoolforge.  He
made a few comments and dropped the names SIF and SCORM as solutions to look
at.  I folled the lead and was lead into this pressrelease that offers
information on groups in this field.

http://www.imsglobal.org/pressrelease/pr021031.cfm

He also said that Advanced Distance Learning had an opensource solution or
plan that might be of use.  I dug for a bit through www.adlnet.org, but most
was over my head.

Here's hoping it leads us to somethin that could help.
Bill