Re: [school-discuss] more about sif

On Sunday 16 March 2003 07:42 pm, someone wrote:

> > The thinking towards the SIF is simply it exists, it is preferred by the
> > government, and it is not likely to go away.  Builing in a compliance
> > with it might be a good thing, but then again, I am not the expert on
> > this.

Greetings,

Methinks the push ought to be towards SCORM (Shared Content Object Reference
Modules) which is funded, in part, by the Defense Department.  That seems to
be the way big government, and universities, are leaning when looking at
various ways of presenting information.

I looked at SCORM when preparing for my prelims, and it looks fairly straight
forward -- or maybe after reading so much for the prelims anything that was
not statistical in nature was a relief.  :-)

--
jeff williams - cfiaime@nconnect.net
                jeff.williams@cuw.edu