[school-discuss] Re: [seul-edu] Re: [Fwd: reading game for ISO Project]

Phil Shapiro wrote:
    thanks for the kind words. the files are provided free for any
noncommercial use. i should have included a "read me" file to
accompany the files to expain why i made them and how they might best
be used by students. i hope to re-upload the archive with a read-me
file today or tomorrow.

     just to make things clear, the same files i placed on the web i
also bundled together into an archive for students who have a browser
on their computer don't have access to the internet.

     the fiction (children's stories) were written for 3rd to 5th
graders. the nonfiction is suitable for about 3rd grade to high
school. the humor and satire is mostly suited for middle school and
high school students (although some elementary school students might
get a chuckle, too.)

Phil,

Would you consider licensing your files under something like the Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt>, the Design Science License <http://www.dsl.org/copyleft/dsl.txt>, or the Open Publication License <http://opencontent.org/openpub/>? All of these licenses are intended to keep anyone from taking your work and "proprietizing" it, but they are free in that they don't restrict anyone from downloading them. Otherwise we'll have to get a specific release from you for the files since we have no way of determining what kind of use people who download our ISO will put it to.

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain