Re: [school-discuss] Website admin for students

A webserver (like apache) running webdav and the students using a webdav
compatible browser (like amaya)  would be able to construct web sites, within
the browser.

What is WebDAV?
Briefly: WebDAV stands for "Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning".
It is a set of extensions to the HTTP protocol which allows users to
collaboratively edit and manage files on remote web servers.

See:
http://www.webdav.org/

and
http://www.webdav.org/mod_dav/

and
http://www.webdav.org/projects/

Amaya

Amaya is a Web editor, i.e. a tool used to create and update documents
directly on the Web. Browsing features are seamlessly integrated with the
editing and remote access features in a uniform environment. This follows the
original vision of the Web as a space for collaboration and not just a
one-way publishing medium.

Amaya supports annotations. Annotations are external comments, notes, remarks
that can be attached to any Web document or a selected part of the document.

This could allow some interesting collaborative work. letting students comment
on other people work online - could do online debating of some sort.

amaya also supports mathml

http://www.w3.org/Amaya/Amaya.html
http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

--
Gordon J. Holtslander	/	Department of Biology
holtslander@sask.usask.ca /	University of Saskatchewan