[school-discuss] Problems with Ten Thumbs Typing

Sorry if this is not the correct forum, but I am having trouble with Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor. When I launch the program the first screen comes up fine, it then flick to what is the student log in screen. This displays for about 1 second and then the whole screen goes blank. Using alt-tab I know the system is alive because it tabs between the open programs (but the screen is black now for all applications), and the mouse still works.
I then have to use ctrl backspace to kill the x sessions.

I am using version 2.1 of K12ltsp (I know its old but it goes well!) and I have update to the latest XFree (4.4). I have tried various display setting from 800x600 @ 256 colours to 1024x768 @ 16bit colour. I am not sure what to try next.

If I can't get this to work, does anyone have suggestions for a typing tutor suitable for Primary school kids

All help appreciated.

Chris Gillies

IT Co-ordinator
St Thomas' Primary School