[school-discuss] Linux and Open Source in Academia (was: OpenOffice in education)

On Thursday 26 February 2004 07:09, Michael Viron wrote:

> Do we have any tutorials for openoffice.org? or any members who have built
> one?

I am not sure if I understand what you mean by tutorials for OOo. But I am
writing a book about "Linux and Open Source in Academia".

My target group is the non-technical students a highter education such a
social science and humanities at university. People who need power tools for
writing complex reports, dosen't care about computers or 1000 choises - but
simpy "need something that just works". The idea is to present some concreat
tools for doing everydays tasks.

The books is currently "in the making" in Danish, but I am willing to do an
English edition if a book like this dosen't allready exist.

The danish edition:
http://cvs.linuxbog.dk/forsker/bog/index.html.php

-j

--
Roskilde University, Denmark.
Department of Technology and Social Science.