Re: [school-discuss] Problems with Ten Thumbs Typing

I use Ktouch and Gtypist.  Ktouch should definitely be ok for primary
students.   It has the picture of the keyboard, is color coded for
fingering, and shows which key to press.

Gtypist is a text program, but it has many many lessons.  I use it
partly because I was able to edit one of the lesson files and create my
own tests.  The tests I created coordinate with our text book.

I need to try tuxtype2!  When I used tuxtype before, the new-to-typing
students forgot about using the home row and were pressing all the keys
with one finger.  The better students kept their form and really enjoyed
it.  I took it out of my lab because of the former.  Time to try it
again.

Does anyone know an easy way to install TuxType2?  I use Mandrake 9.2 in
my lab.

Marilyn

>>> ddaniels@magic.fr 03/18/04 9:20 PM >>>
tuxtype2 -w