Re: [school-discuss]

Hello Michael,

Actually my opinion of PLATO is mixed. It does certain things very well and
others are less than desired. The newer and recent lessons are okay. But
there is some legacy lessons.

I am not talking about the old CMI-based OLATO but the newer Pathways.

My understanding is the corporation that owns PLATO, namely The Roach
Organization (TRO), also purchased CCC as-well-as Academic Systems. Marxist
theory in action I guess or anarchic American capitalism at its best - take
your pick.

I don't disagree with you or your studies. We are just showing gain where the
student and technology are both combined. This is regardless of the platform.

My personal preference is the Kumon Method when it comes to Mathematics. But
then again I don't believe that it is for everyone or evry location.

My goal is to locate software that covers all the basics in Adult Basic
Education, GED, ESL, and developmental software that is not childish or
offensive to adult learners and is also open source.

Troy

--
Troy Banther, Owner, TRX Systems & Computer Consulting
908 E. Amazon St., Portales, New Mexico 88130-5526