[school-discuss] Mandrake and Conectiva (was: Linux Desktop Reviews II)

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:07, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> The one RPM-based GNU/Linux I've been favorably impressed by to date has
> been Connective, and that's just by reputation -- haven't actually used
> it.  But Connective _have_ recognized the significance of Policy and
> apparently gone through some pains to implement it.  Which may make
> their merger with Mandrakesoft interesting.  After all, those who fail
> to understand Debian policy are doomed to reimplement it.  Poorly.

Mandrake have done a fairly impressive job with URPMI, and are already
changing a broad range of policies to take aboard Conectiva ideas, so I'd say
that the future looks fairly bright there. Modulo a new cartooney boot screen
currently being shouted down in the Cooker list.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia