Re: [school-discuss] use on Dell

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:52:37PM -0500, Michael Dean wrote:
> Which distribution will work on Dell desktops and laptops in a
> grade school environment.  Only certain Dell servers are
> supported by Novell Suse and Redhat, and to my knowledge, due
> to the peculiar Dell bios not many distros will  load.

Well you can try this one, just in case it suddenly works:
ftp://ftp.altlinux.org/pub/distributions/ALTLinux/ISO/Compact-2.3-en.iso

I've been using these distros on older HP and Compaq hardware
(of "tricky" ones, whitebox hardware or local brands usually are
just fine) -- not with Dell ones though.

Providing BIOS messages or any other diags available could help
to trace the problem.

Good luck, anyways.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>