Re: [school-discuss] Re: school fund-raising issues question

Hi, Karsten and all:  I downloaded your song, played it with Audacity,
and liked it.

FWIW, I described a minimum starting point, focusing on an audience that
can't afford the local access tv station offers.  In Reno, for example,
it costs folks upwards of $120 to gain access to the equipment and
facilities.

Your point about utilizing adequate hardware is well-taken.  What just
tickles me, is the idea of having the software sitting there, waiting
for someone to complain, and the school discovering that there are
enormous resources ready to step in and help solve the problems.  You're
right, the software is "overkill", and the potential is huge.  To me,
that's called, going at it, first-class.

My next question, then, is, does the schoolforge.net project want to
consider what it would take to set up a pilot project with a local kids'
group or school, and document it for a grant application, somewhere down
the road?  Our organization, Open Studios, would volunteer to handle the
grunt work, and you folks could handle the brains side.  Karsten could
donate his song as the theme song for the project.  :)
Tom

-- - snip - - -