[school-discuss] Victoria Australia banning YouTube from schools

Hey Jan. I'm torn on this - I think it's somewhat kneejerk and unfortunate to ban YouTube, but at the same time I sympathize with the administration that probably doesn't have the resources to adequately address a new and disruptive technology. ;)

Maybe Google/YouTube should figure out a way to allow posted videos to be identified as suitable for education, so that some sort of compromise could be made where schools could block the vast ocean of unchecked/unmoderated videos but still utilize the technology that would enhance the learning environment. Is there an edutube/edyoutube.com yet? Google/Youtube probably have their hands full just trying to keep a handle on the infringing materials that are uploaded (but enough resources stashed away that they could make it happen.) Thanks again for sharing the article.

skarbien wrote:
Hi Justin! I just read your mail and thought you might like to read the article I attached.
Best Regards
Jan Ciechanowski
skarbien@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:skarbien@xxxxxxxxx>