Re: [school-discuss] FOSS and FOOD [Was Re: "Educating Tux" + IT apathy]

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:37:14PM -0400, Bryant Patten wrote:
> Marilyn -
>
> 	Add me to the list of people that think your banquet  analogy is
> fantastic.

Another food analogy that I came up with years ago, with regards to
Linux specifically...

  The Red Hats and SUSEs of the world are akin to the
  Pizza Huts and Round Tables of the world.

  Sure, Red Hat / Pizza Hut could go out of business, which would suck,
  but it's not like the other distros / pizza-makers can't keep making
  pizza for you.

  In fact, you can get the source code / recipe for free, and make your OWN
  Linux / pizza at home, or even start your own Linux company / restaurant.

Feel free to use that as a FUD-fighter when people try to tell you that
Linux or other free software won't succeed in the long run.
Pizza will be around forever.

-bill!