[school-discuss] FLOSS, Art, &c

One possible way to work on the FLOSS/art angle
is to integrate it with community activities.
Here in Missouri, for example, there is this:

http://www.artstech-kc.org/

Get in contact with groups in your local area
(maybe some already connected to your school?)
who are using art to help out at-risk kids and
similar disadvantaged people. Demonstrate what
can be done in digital art with FLOSS tools.
Push the budget issues.

In a somewhat related area: I was on the phone
with the top tech guy at ArtsTech's Computer
Redistribution Program (link on the page above)
and I learned from him that most of the people
with disabilities who are supposed to be helped
by the program are asking for M$ Windows boxes,
which--of course--drastically limits what is
available. I think there may be a really great
opportunity here, if it can be developed right.
The contact person is Ricardo Fierro; contact
info is on this page:

http://www.artstech-kc.org/Staff%20Directory.html

A couple of other relevant sites:

http://www.at.mo.gov/SRP.shtm