Re: [school-discuss] Homeschooling & FLOS

Um, OK that was a dream...a cyber charter school is just an online school that supports home schooling and/or flexible schedules for say atheletes, not a school that uses the charter approach to divorce themselves from district management/oversight, and in the case dreamed about, from district IT management/oversight.

What we need is the concept of a Charter school that applies primarily to IT, but maybe you have to do the whole Charter thing to have that.

I think I will take this as encouragement to contact any charter schools in Ga just to see if they can more easily do IT things like Opensource that break from district/county IT management.

Best,
Daniel

Daniel Howard wrote:
Cyber charter schools? This sounds interesting...Can you or anyone else elaborate? If there's a precedent for a school to become independent of their district IT department without having to go through all of the paperwork for curricular charter status, that would be of great interest to this group, I suspect. Daniel

Mark Rauterkus wrote:
Hi,

I think that the questions about homeschooling are important.

Likewise, it might be most productive to ask many of the same questions about "charter schools." There are many 'cyber charter schools' that have budgets and the capacity for hiring programmers, teachers, and rely upon computers that are given to the students / families.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://Rauterkus.blogspot.com