[school-discuss] The Story Behind Open Source

Dear Colleagues,

As many people still seem either unaware of or misinformed about free and/or
open source software, what it is and, perhaps more importantly, is _not_, I
drafted this historical sketch of the movement and its motivations. Actually, I
drafted it months ago, so some of it is already dated. I hope that you will
read it and let me know whether you think such an introduction might be useful.
I'd be grateful if you would comment on the direction I have taken and make any
suggestions you may have.

Here is the URL:
http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=20020506224812885

Thank you.

Sincerely,

David Bucknell
Editor, OpenSourceSchools.org and ITeachNet.org

--
http://www.iteachnet.org
http://members.iteachnet.org/~home About Membership

http://members.iteachnet.org/