[school-discuss] small correction

On Monday 13 May 2002 16:05, you wrote:

>  > Shortwave radio is sometimes used for two-way communication, but has a
>  > much shorter operating range than the Internet (definitely too short to
>  > talk to someone on another continent).  That's probably what he was
>  > talking about.

Hi all,

	I don't want to get off track here, but just a bit of a correction is needed.
while it may be true that amateur radio (shortwave radio) has a shorter
operating range than the net we regularly have real time conversations with
people on other continents: Europe, Russia, Anarctica, Middle East.
	Added benefit......No wires.

paul