From: Fritz Kunze
To: alicebot-general@list.alicebot.org
Cc: Dr. Richard S. Wallace";
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 10:52 AM
Subject: [alicebot-general] Internet Hosting of AIML Bots

www.pandorabots.com

 May 21, 2002
   www.pandorabots.com

   You are looking at an experimental software robot
   (also known as a bot) hosting service.  From any
   browser, you may create your own robots and publish
   your robots - making them available to anyone with a
   browser.

   This site will be evolving rapidly - new
   capabilities such as voice recognition, text to
   speech synthesis, invoking programs on remote or
   local machines, content development tools,
   e-commerce support, cartoon animations are under
   development now.

   Inquiries and problem reports should be sent to
   info@pandorabots.com

   The bots are based on AIML and spring entirely from
   the work of Dr. Richard Wallace and the A.L.I.C.E.
   and AIML free software community based at
   www.AliceBot.Org.

   You should expect numerous changes to this site, so
   please save your bot creations on your own machine
   using the saving facility on the site.

   No documentation exists yet - but will come later.
   Sorry.  The bots hosted here conform in most
   respects to the bot specifications given at
   www.alicebot.org.  Here is how to get started:

   1 - Create your own account
   2 - Click on "create a new bot"
   3 - give your bot a name (using any character set)
   4 - Check the box next to:

        "Automatically discover spaces between words
           (suggested for Japanese)"

        for bots using Japanese or Chinese.  English and
        other languages are unaffected by the presence or
        absence of a check mark in this box.

   5 - To put knowledge into your newly created bot...

        Check one of the two boxs next to:
                  "Standard AIML Sept 2001"
                  "Dr Wallace's A.L.I.C.E march 2002"

        We recommend you check:
                  "Dr Wallace's A.L.I.C.E march 2002"

       Bots completely devoid of knowledge are created
       by leaving both boxes unchecked.

   6 - Click on "Create Bot"

   7 - Click on "Build and Run" to talk to the bot or
       click on "Publish" it and have anyone talk to it.

   This is an experimental site only.  We accept no
   liability for loss of data or any other problems
   arising from the use of these robots.  We expect
   this site to evolve rather quickly with new capabilities.

Fritz Kunze                       Internet: fkunze@franz.com
Franz Inc.,                       http:     //www.franz.com/
1995 University Avenue,           Phone:    (510) 548-3600 x 117
Berkeley, CA 94704, USA           FAX:      (510) 548-8253