Re: [school-discuss] [Fwd: Vabilo k raziskavi]

Dne torek 21. maj 2002 18:30 ste napisali:
> I just received this from someone in Slovenia, and I have absolutely
> no idea what it says.  Normally I'd throw it away, but it appears to
> be coming from someone at the University of Ljubljana.  Can anyone
> help me by translating it?  Thanks!

Nothing important. Some questionary about internet (well, www) and its
impact on society.

Don't expect to hear something interesting (for this list) from
Slovenia - we are completely M$. It's enough to say that next year they
plan to teach Access (it was SQL when I was student, couple years ago).

Next, new hardware schools are buying must be on MS HCL, and MS Windows
98 SE Slovenian installed.
And so on...

I'm computer assistant at local primary school, and I set up (and
maintain) two linux servers (samba, mail, internet). Saved lots of
money to our school, but nobody seems to care - 80% of software is
pirated in our country.

I want to help other schools too, but they are happy as is (hunting
and deleting viruses, constantly rebooting and reinstalling windows,
teaching how to use ms word, ms excel, ms powerpoint, ms access).

Well, MS did great thing in 1995 - they translated windows and office
to slovenian. Now, nobody wants to use software in some foreign
language.

Damir