Re: [school-discuss] [Fwd: How could we be part of this]

On Tuesday 28 May 2002 22:38, Karl Sarnow wrote:
- - -snip - - -
> Obviously LINUX is the solution for the software part of his problem.
> But then there still is hardware necessary. And the teachers must be
> trained. You cannot give computers or software away and let the teachers
> untrained. So the question is: Who has the capabilities to offer the
> necessary training and support? Plus the obvious travel cost?
>
> Best whishes
> Karl

Hi:  Well, assuming we solve the hardware part of this puzzle, it becomes
easier, then, to imagine a computer that starts, says hello, and brings up
the intro tour of the system.

It's also easier to think that if left to their own devices, and with the
help of the children <grin> all will be well.  Check this article out:
http://www.theworldccr.org/kids.htm

Thanks,
Tom Poe
Reno, NV