Re: [school-discuss] library conversion to open source

brad wrote:
Our school district uses commercial library automation software. Our =
technology director would like to convert  to open source software. =
Anyone have success converting a commercial library database to open =
source?
IMHO, the first question is what open source package will you convert to?

The standard for library data is a format called MARC. If your commercial package handles MARC exports an open source package like Koha <http://www.koha.org> can easily import the data.

Regards,
.
Randy

--
How many thousands of Iraqis do we have to kill and torture before we
figure out they do not want us in their country? US troops home now!