Re: [school-discuss] English teacher apps

Dennis Daniels wrote:
Robin, hey! thanks!
Do you mind if I show this script to other people to get some help getting it to work? I just ran it and got some compile errors...

Sure, play with it as much as you like, so long as you send the code back to me.

$perl perlconc.pl
syntax error at perlconc.pl line 5, near "open "
#here'e the line: open (TEMPFILE,"+>tempfile.txt");
Execution of perlconc.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
Missing semi-colon in line 3! I must have accidentally deleted it when I changed the default file name.

I'm really looking forward to getting this to work and I do appreciate the speed in which you responded to my requests! Once it's working I'll have my students using it in within a day!
Have fun, and let me know how you get on.

The CGI version is much more developed, but it would be nice to have a workable standalone version as well. At present, it works in a basic kind of way, but it could do with more functionality. In particular, it's a pain having to type in the full path of files.

Robin

--
"The less you intend to do about something, the more you have to talk about it."
- Yes, Minister

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Universitesi