[school-discuss] Schoolforge questions for IEEE open source article

[I'm forwarding this to the list so you all can take a crack at
answering Benjamin's questions.  Please include his email address above
in any reply you make.  Thank you. (I'll do the history of Schoolforge.)
Doug]

Doug,

Could you get back to me with answers by next Tues,
Wed at the latest?  Please remember to include
names/titles.  Thanks for your cooperation.

Best
Benjamin

QUESTIONS:

(1) Can we get a brief history of Schoolforge?
(boilerplate would suffice)
(2) How has open source use in education grown over
the past 5 years?
(3) How is Schoolforge getting the word out?
(4) What are the first steps a school would take in
switching to open source?
(5) ...andf the Million Dollar Question: WHY is open
source the way to go? (i.e., benefits)