Re: [school-discuss] Looking for Anyone Doing Training on Open Source Software in Education

Vedran Vucic pravi:
If you look for people who work on deployment on free software in education, I am one of those. :-)

If you need to know more about projects I am involved in , please let me know.

I'm IT teacher in a small elementary school in Lendava, Slovenia, and interested in promoting OSS in education. Ministry of Education here (www.mss.gov.si) started some project a few years ago and we got Slovenian Linux distro (Pingo - www.pingo.org ) and new PCs for all came with dual boot.
But then, project died (ministry made a deal with MS and we all have licenses for XP an Office now). Ministry stopped (actively) promoting OSS there are no new educational applications being developed.

I'm running school server on Linux, but all classroom PCs (~30) are XP (on new hardware) or W95 (very old hardware, P166MHz). Beside this, I'm still very interested in using more OSS applications in my school and very happy to hear all advices I can get.

Thanks,
Damir