RE: [school-discuss] linux distributions for low resource computers

Laura,

You might find that the Damn Small Linux (DSL) Live CD can be part of the solution for older or slower computers.

This distribution claims to be able to run with as little as 16 MB with graphical interface possible with 128 MB. I'm using it now. You can download it at:

http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/

You can download it as a 50MB ISO. And you can run it from a CD, USB stick, or similar medium. It is derived from Knoppix though it is much smaller.

Best of luck,
Uno

http://unokitty.freehostia.com/